Table of Contents
How to Create a Direct Download Link for Your Google Drive Files?
Create a Direct Download Link from Google Drive: Have you ever tried to upload downloadable file on your WordPress website or any website? You must be worried about storage and heavy load of your website hosting. mostly heavy files makes our hosting slow which may affect our sites SEO because of slow load and visitor will leave our site.
But now you don’t have to worry about it. I am gonna tell you how we can store our file on different platform and we can give direct link form our site. By this direct link your file will start download immediately. Your visitor won’t pass to stored platform.
Here we are choosing google drive for store our files. Google Drive is safe & secure. Drive always keeps virus free. Visitor also can get genuine virus & malware free download. First of all you must have to google account to use any google product. After having google account please follow this steps.
01. Upload files on google Drive
I. log in to google drive
II. Go to + New tab
III. Go to file upload
IV. Select file (If you have a multiple files you can zip all files together/ Folder)
V. Your file will upload on google Drive. After successfully uploaded you can see your file on My Drive > Files section.
02. Generate Direct Download link from Google Drive
I. Click on 3 dot icon (More action) of file. (Top Right corner of file)
II. Go to +Share or get link option
III. Make sure you always have to give permission to all. General Access > Choose option Anyone with the link
IV. Click on Copy Link and Done
If you can modify your link you can also convert your link to direct download link yourself. To modify drive link you have to do link this.
your link is like : https://drive.google.com/file/d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/view?usp=share_link
Now you can change like this : https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Note: Here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is a unique URL of your files.
(This tool allows you to generate a direct download link to files you have stored in Google Drive. A direct link will immediately start downloading the file, rather than opening a preview of the file in Google Drive.)
VI. paste your file link which you have copied from drive.
VII. click on Create Direct Link.
VIII. Here you got your direct downloadable link.
Have you read Notes on this site?
- Make sure your file’s visibility in Google Drive is set to “Anyone with the link”. If it’s set to “Restricted” then only people who are logged in to Google and have been granted access to the file will be able to open the direct link (which probably isn’t what you want).
- This only works for uploaded files, not documents created in Google Docs/Sheets/Slides.
- If your file is very large, the direct link may first open a page saying that the file is too large for Google to scan for viruses. That page will have a button to download the file.
03. Upload Direct Downloadable link in your Website
You can upload link which your got after converting to direct download link on your website. By clinking on this link/ Download Button your visitor/client will get your files on their devices